Sunday Morning Worship
1. Does the Church Service follow a fixed or specific program?
Each week the Church service is varied to reflect seasonal changes, direction of the Worship Team, and congregational interests. Church goers can follow the flow on the Weekly Newsletter handout, which is provided by the ushers to people as they walk in.
2. Do visitors need to follow any Church protocol when attending service?
Visitors can participate in Church serviceas they wish. Visitors are always welcome to join in for hymn singing, communion or other service elements, but some people prefer remain by themselves and enjoy the spiritual environment.
3. What should I wear to Church service?
Dress code is “Come as you are”. Wear what is most comfortable for you.
4. Beyond the service program, how do people become familiar with the Church people and other Church programs?
After every service there is a coffee social time in the adjacent hall. Refreshments are served, and the people are more than welcoming to visitors. This time is ideal to get to know the people, and learn more about the Church.
5. Does Calvary have Sunday School classes?Calvary has Sunday School programs for Children & Youth group. If the parents wish to keep their children in the main worship, then the Church is very accepting of the children’s attendance.
Calvary Church Facility
1.Where is convenient parking?
Behind the Church there is a parking area on premise. People also use street parking on Morse Street and Naglee Street. Overall parking situation presents no difficulty to church goers.
2.Is the Church handicap accessible?
Calvary has a handicap ramp into the Church, and has pew areas designated for wheelchairs.
3. Where are the restrooms located?
Restrooms are found in several places throughout the church building. There is a restroom in the sanctuary, fellowship hall, education building, etc.
Membership at CalvaryDo visitors need to be members of the Methodist Church to come to Calvary?
Calvary welcomes all people, including those who are not members of the Methodist Church or another church. If someone wishes later to join Calvary United Methodist Church, then the Church offers Membership Class along with the other interested people to be received into the church.
1. What are other spiritual growth opportunities does Calvary have?
Calvary has ongoing Bible study groups, other adult spiritual growth classes, social groups and support groups that are organized to fit the needs of people with specific interests and schedules. Some of the small groups are long standing, and others are set up for a short duration. Please contact the Pastor for the opportunity that may best suit your interest.
2. How does Calvary Church participate in community affairs.
Calvary is involved with the community in many ways. Calvary has some direct involvement to the community in projects